[RDP] Internal Scheduler optimization

Alban Peignier alban at tryphon.eu
Sat Nov 1 05:55:43 EDT 2014

Hi,

> Do you think your enhancements are likely to address the strange
> behavior that we experience sometimes, having almost the same title
> scheduled one after the other ? See my screen capture (don't mind the
> bad spelling on the Nina Simone track, it's been corrected).

This patch doesn't change the internal scheduler logic (it should not
...). It fixes only a memory structure which was very very sloooow.

In our example, you're expecting that the internal scheduler deals with
the cart title. Unfortunately, it's not the case. The "Title separation"
is in fact a "Cart separation". The same Cart (number) will be avoid,
the same Cart title.

We could have the two concepts (a Cart separation and a "real" Title
separation) if it makes sense for users (I vote for it). But it isn't in
the scope of this patch.

Regards,
Alban Peignier - alban at tryphon.eu

Tryphon : Radio, Web et Logiciels Libres
http://www.tryphon.eu