[RDP] BUG: Setting PLAY_GAIN from rdlibrary

emery at icmlf.net emery at icmlf.net
Thu Mar 10 16:21:58 EST 2011

I've noticed when setting gain in the edit markers dialog of rdlibrary
to a non-integer value, everything behind the decimal point is discarded.
I've seen it in 1.7.2 and I've heard it happens in 2.0.

On a related note I've been toying with setting gain levels externally to
match the EBU r128 recommended loudness level.

Here is my script
https://github.com/3M3RY/Rivendell-Extras/raw/master/r128er.py

It requires the ffmpeg_analyze tool in your path, I got it here
http://labs.radionova.no/2011/01/07/ebu-r128-library/

Just thought I'd mention it, that's all.

Emery