[RDP] [RDD] Importing MP3 but adding metadata from APE tags...

Frederick Henderson frederickjh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 03:44:28 EST 2011

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:13:11 +0100, Richard Gorbutt <richard at gorbutt.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm still futzing with the install, but I have over 5,000 tracks as MP3
> import, and all of them have cue, intro and segue(fade out) timings
> stored
> as mS (milliseconds) in APE tags attached to the file (All created using
> Station Playlist).
>
> Has anyone in the past tried to extricate the data and imported to
> Rivendell. I can create something that export the tags to a csv and also
> then update MySQL records if needs be, but trying to avoid re-inventing
> the
> wheel.
>
> Thanks, Richard

Hi Richard!

Sorry but I had not even heard  of APE tags before your post to the list.
I had to go look it up to figure out what you were talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APE_tag

I do not think that RDImport supports the importation of these tags, but
considering that Monkey's Audio has an SDK it might be possible to
incorporate.

http://www.monkeysaudio.com/developers.html

I am copying the Rivendell programmers list  as well on this so that if
some one there wants to take this on or discuss it further they can easily.

Greetings,

Frederick Henderson

--
Frederick Henderson

Take the pledge!
http://www.emailetiquettepledge.com/take-the-pledge

This email sent from Opera's revolutionary e-mail client,
http://www.opera.com/mail/
and typed on the Dvorak keyboard. http://dvzine.org

Want to learn a new language the way you learned your first?
Try LingQ for free!   ==>       http://www.lingq.com/?referral=frederickjh