[RDP] Current V1 CVS is broken....

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 11:13:08 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 11:37 -0500, Michael wrote:

> If you want a real test of a release, I would suggest finding a person
> with a working knowledge of Linux, but has not previously installed
> Rivendell. Hand him a bare metal machine, a SUSE 10.3 DVD and the
> website address above and tell him to install Rivendell.  I would be
> willing to bet he will fail.

That would be a good test of the install instructions and process, but
it is not really a test of the system as such.

I have been writing unit tests for parts of my new caed implementation,
so for example, lib/rdringbuffer.cpp has a function that can be called
to run a sanity check on the ringbuffer implementation.

A **lot** more of this sort of thing would be good however.

> I think your testers are too close to the project to be able to test
> objectively and actually meet the test requirements as specified.

Always a problem!

Regards, Dan.