[RDP] Current V1 CVS is broken....

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Mar 20 10:16:19 EDT 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 11:44:32 am you wrote:
> What is the policy, if any, of when point or major number releases happen.

There is no formal policy.  When bugs are fixed, we do a maintenance release.
When features have been added that have passed muster testing-wise (see
below), then a minor-number release is done.

> - Is there any test-suite that runs before a release happens.

Before any release is made, it must pass the following steps:

1) Build without error on the following platforms:
	SuSE 9.2
	SuSE 10.0
	OpenSuSE 10.2
	OpenSuSE 10.3
	Windows 2000 Pro

2) Be used without problems in an actual 24/7 ON-AIR environment (I have a
small set of sites that I work with that provide this testing).

|  It is computed that eleven thousand persons have at several times      |
|  suffered death, rather than submit to break their eggs at the          |
|  smaller end.                                                           |
|                                     -- Jonathan Swift                   |
|                                     "Gulliver's Travels"                |