[RDP] Patch: "no fade" option for segue transition

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Wed Oct 31 15:24:00 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007 05:32, Stefan Gabriel wrote:
> If there is no veto I will commit this to cvs tomorrow.

I'm seeing a lot of anomalies in the Voice Tracker dialog.  With a test log
consisting of two events with a SEGUE transition, the 'No Fade' box unchecked
and no track markers, here's what I'm seeing:

1) The righthand-most rubber band handle won't move; however, when attempting
to move it, the meter levels change as if the moving is being registered
somewhere.  After moving the start-of-fade handle, the righthand-most handle
then suddenly jumps to the correct position.

2) Right-clicking on one of the waveform panes causes red Start/Stop markers
to appear at the point of the click.

3) After using the right-click menu to remove the segue fade, there is no way
to restore it (other than by abandoning the entire edit).  The menu item
should change to 'Add Segue Fade', thus allowing the user to toggle between
the two states.

4) Segfaults.  Happened once during testing, have not been able to reproduce
as yet.

5) After changing the transition to 'No Fade' and then saving, the 'SEGUE'
color changes to blue to reflect the custom transition (as expected), but
when loaded back into the tracker, the 'Do Over' button is disabled, thus
giving no way to restore the transition to its pristine state.  (Upon further
testing, it appears that this is broken for *any* transition parameter
changes made).

So all-in-all, I'm afraid this is looking like it's not quite ready for prime
time as yet.  :(

| Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas" |
| until you are told that those rooms are "punched out".  Once punched    |
| out, we have a right to complain about atrocities, missing bazingas,    |
| and such.                                                               |
|                                          -- N. Meyrowitz                |