[RDP] Caed Mods

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Sun Oct 28 16:33:13 EDT 2007

Howdy Folks:

I've just committed a couple of modifications for caed:

1) ALSA Parameters
I've added a new section to rd.conf(5) as follows:

[Alsa]
PeriodQuantity=<periods>
PeriodSize=<frames>

This to allow for tuning ALSA driver parameters (specifically, for the
LiveWire Audio IP driver, which gags on the original compiled-in default of 2
periods per buffer).  The default values are the formerly compiled-in ones,
so most users should see no change at all from previous behavior.

2) METERING
I've added code to time-average the meter responses for both ALSA and JACK
drivers so as get some less hysterical looking meter ballistics.  The current
code gives roughly the same response as that obtained from an ASI card.

|          All science is either physics or stamp collecting.             |
|                                      -- Ernest Rutherford               |