[RDP] Anyone know why rdairplay sends TWO SP commands?

Stefan Gabriel stg at st-gabriel.de
Sun Oct 28 06:19:37 EDT 2007

2007/10/27, Dan Mills <dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk>:

> On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 22:52 +0100, Dan Mills wrote:
> > Ok, this one is weird (and explains a race that I thought was in caed),
> > I have just build a caed with print commands turned on and am seeing
> > that whenever a manual stop of a cart is issued (on the sound panel or
> > on the log) the following sequence is reported:
> >
> > CAE: connection 0 receiving SP 49
> > CAE: Connection 0 sending SP 49 +!
> > CAE: connection 0 receiving SP 49
> > CAE: Connection 0 sending SP 49 -!
> > CAE: connection 0 receiving UP 49
> > CAE: Connection 0 sending UP 49 +!
> >

> Weirder and weirder....
>
> Here is what happens as far as caed is concerned when running a segue
> with no times set (so basically a play transition (you would think)):
>
> So that is 3 spurious stops on handle 50, and one spurious unload on
> handle 50, something is rotten in rdairplay.
>
> Here is the same thing for a straightforward PLAY transition:
> Which (apart from a few minor spurious mute requests), looks perfectly
> reasonable.

That's why I think the stability Problem is not with the Overlap transition,
but with the Segue Transition generally.

Tha main difference between Overlap (and segue with segue gain 0) and segue
with fade is a rdcaed-fade call, that is missing in overlap situatuions.
Maybe your case (0 length segue) is similar: no fade call?
So maybe the missing fade is the reason for some trouble in rdairplay?

Stefan