[RDP] Which mixing desk - other HW?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Oct 24 13:18:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 11:37:57AM -0400, Fred Gleason wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 20:22, Dan Mills wrote:
> > You would probably have to
> > run two X servers (one for each screen) to keep the touch geometry
> > straight as the X sever can be a right pain in this regard. This is more
> > X server then RD however.
>
> I have done it with a single X instance, but you're right, it's *not* trivial
> to configure.  In particular, you'll likely need to hand-tweak 'x11.conf' --
> on SuSE at least, the video configuration tool (Sax2) is nearly clueless when
> it come to coping with multi-head setups.

For what it's worth, I set SuSE 10.0 up a little over a year ago with 3
PCI VGA cards and 21" monitors... and Everything Just Worked.  I got
one big desktop spread horizontally over the three monitors.  I could
set a separate background color on each one, and I *think* that I tried
maximizing a KDE window to have it maximize only to the desktop it was
on, as I desired.

Details I don't have anymore.

Cheers,
-- jra