[RDP] Fedora, and Version 1?

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Oct 16 11:51:57 EDT 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 13:55, Dan Mills wrote:
> Let me guess, ELO USB touchscreens? Pain in the arse they are (I have 3
> and seem to need to recompile X to actually get the driver to work)...

They do work with other distros.  I know 'cause I wrote the USB driver for
them for XFree86.

(And yes, it *is* a major pain to compile.  You don't quite need to compile
the whole thing, but you do need a complete x11 source tree).

> I have not done Redhat for a while, but I don't **THINK** there is
> anything that should be problematic (as normal you may have to kill off
> any desktop audio system it uses).

I played with it a little bit, about a year ago.  No problems with RD proper,
but the ASI driver wouldn't build.  Never had a chance to get to the bottom
of it.

> Version of sox seems somewhat critical to correct import and export
> (Bugs in sox), so that might be one to watch, but I dont think you will
> have any problems.

Just use the version referenced on the RD download page, and you should be
fine.