[RDP] Fedora, and Version 1?

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 13:55:37 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 13:41 -0400, Brooks Whiteford wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>   Two questions for ya. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of a
> timeframe for version 1 of this beautiful piece of software?

Well, I think we are now more or less feature complete for 1.0, but
there are a number of serious bugs to sort out. Christmas maybe?

> This is such an amazing community, and I look forward to every email
> on this list. Also, has anyone successfully built RD on Fedora Core?
> If so, did you have to do anything special? The touch screens we're
> using seem to only work with Fedora, so we're thinking about switching
> over, but I thought i'd ask for some tips before we get started.

Let me guess, ELO USB touchscreens? Pain in the arse they are (I have 3
and seem to need to recompile X to actually get the driver to work)...

I have not done Redhat for a while, but I don't **THINK** there is
anything that should be problematic (as normal you may have to kill off
any desktop audio system it uses).

Version of sox seems somewhat critical to correct import and export
(Bugs in sox), so that might be one to watch, but I dont think you will
have any problems.

Regards, Dan.