[RDP] rdairplay rather heavy on the DB?

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 08:30:00 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 06:46 -0400, Fred Gleason wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 September 2007 19:22, Dan Mills wrote:
> > I can see that it needs this information, but at 10Hz or so?
> > Surely once every few seconds (or even once a minute) would suffice?
>
> Actually, once at startup would be sufficient.
>

> > Any reason not to cache this locally, or shall I go ahead?
>
> Just committed a fix.

Except it don't work....

int RDStation::timeOffset() const

Gets called from all over the place. Including frequently from any
running log.
Any reason not to cache basically this at startup?

The more we can cut down on spurious DB accesses the better interactive
response will likely become as QT3 is essentially singe threaded.

Regards, Dan.