[RDP] rivendell compile issues

Federico Grau grauf at rfa.org
Mon Oct 1 16:27:51 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 08:33:09AM +1200, Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> Federico Grau wrote:
> > Hi Eliot,
> >
> > I've been holding off on making any CVS commits to Rivendell until I
> can get
> > CVS to compile... Currently I am stuck on the error listed below.
> >
> > Have you seen this error, any input?
>
>  rdhpisoundcard.cpp:172: error: 'HPI_SAMPLECLOCK_SOURCE_AESEBU_SYNC' was
> not declared in this scope
>
> As others have mentioned, a new driver package will have this define.
>
> You could revert to using HPI_SAMPLECLOCK_SOURCE_AESEBU (a couple of
> places).  But with later hpi versions you will get a deprecation warning.

Sorry for the noise and confussion folks...

I had previously installed (hpklinux 3.05.10), and even after installing the
latest (hpklinux 3.06.03) things still did not want to compile.  Turns out
that I had an ancient version of hpi.h in my /usr/local/include which I
discovered by adding the "-save-temps" flag to gcc and looking at the output.
I very seldom install packages from source, so that must have been during some
early experimentation.

Things are working now, sorry for the noise and thanks for the help,
donfede

--
Federico Grau
Free Software Developer and Sysadmin