[RDP] rdairplay rather heavy on the DB?

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Oct 1 06:46:20 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 19:22, Dan Mills wrote:
> I can see that it needs this information, but at 10Hz or so?
> Surely once every few seconds (or even once a minute) would suffice?

Actually, once at startup would be sufficient.

> Any reason not to cache this locally, or shall I go ahead?

Just committed a fix.

Looking through the sources, I see lots of places where similar optimizations
are called for.  Nothing nearly so egregious as the blooper you flagged, but
it could all add up to a nice savings WRT db utilization.  I may knock some
of these out after I get this next set of podcasting mods committed.

| Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do  |
| what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set,        |
| uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live   |
| after may have clean earth to till.                                     |
|                                            -- J.R.R. Tolkien            |
|                                               "The Lord of the Rings"   |