[RDP] jack problem

Marko Pekic marko.pekic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 17:28:31 EST 2007

I am using Gentoo and have compiled rivendell-0.9.82 with support for alsa and
jack.

When I try to start '/etc/init.d/rivendell' I get the following error:

*  ERROR:  Some services needed are missing.  Run
*         './rivendell broken' for a list of those
*         services.  rivendell was not started.

./rivendell broken returns "jackd".

So I commented the "jackd"-line in /etc/init.d/rivendell to look like this:

depend() {
#        need jackd
        use mysql
}

and started jackd by hand (jackd -d alsa).

Then I can start '/etc/init.d/rivendell' and I can start 'rdadmin'.
But "Manage Hosts -> Edit -> Audio Resources" gave me "Card 0" to "Card 7 "
as "Not present".

I guess the problem is that I have to make jack connections (or the problem is
that jackd is not started automatically by rivendell?).

So I tried to make some connections using 'qjackconnect', but again -  "Card
0" to "Card 7" are "Not present".

My audio adapter is M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

What should I do to make jack work?

Thanks.