[RDP] several patches for review to consider adding to Rivendell

Stefan Gabriel stg at st-gabriel.de
Fri Nov 9 05:11:31 EST 2007

2007/11/9, Federico Grau grauf at rfa.org:

> 1) This is a patch to show share the "Outcue" label area to also show the
> "Cut
> Description".   This feature had been requested on the mailing list in the
> past, and has also been requested by our users.

Makes sense for me.

> 2) This patch allows adding carts within rdlogedit by allowing the user to
> enter the Cart Title (or Cut Description).  If they are not found or are
> not
> unique a popup error dialog is displayed.  Our users tend to know exactly
> the
> name of the cart they want to add to a log and this speeds up their
> productivity.

Very usefull option.

> 3) Total length in rdlogedit

Here it would be usefull to have runtime until next Hard Start event as a
3rd option.

> 4) This is a simple patch to select the first item in rdlogedit when
> opening a
> log.

Usefull, too.

> 5) This is the current status of our previously announced Audacity to
> Rivendell integration
>
> http://techweb.rfa.org/grauf/#rdlibrary_edit_audacity
>
> http://techweb.rfa.org/grauf/#audacity_rivendell

Here I still think that this ends up in chaos in the current state of the
patch. I have looked at the rdlibrary patch. There is some code missing,
that updates the database entrie for the cut that was edited. You have to
make sure that the markers do not point beyond the (new) end of the cut.

Stefan