[RDD] Sound card not present

drew Roberts zotzbro at gmail.com
Fri May 19 08:28:50 EDT 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM, Alex Hartman <goober at goobe.net> wrote:

> Alsa only, no onboard sound. HP DL360 is a 1U xeon server.

Hmmm. Odd. Could some other sound application be getting a log on the card
before caed runs sometimes and not others?

If jack is present on the machine but not in use, try running jack when Riv
cannot see the card and see if jack can use the card at that point.

Is pulse in the mix on t his machine?

"AlsaConfig sees it, it's active,"

does rdalsaconfig look different when it doesn't work vs when it works?

all the best,

drew