[RDD] Stream samplerate

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:44:18 EDT 2017

Hi Matthew,

On your streaming computer have a look at /etc/asound/conf

pcm.rd0 {
   type hw
   card 0
   device 0

   rate 44100 <-- add this in here

}
ctl.rd0 {
   type hw
   card 0
}

There are some sound cards that have to be *TOLD* not to be 48,000

Personally I have given up fighting, I determine what the sound card
wants to run at and set the stream to run at that.

arecord -f S16_LE -r 60000 -D *hw:0,0* -d 5 testS16_LE.wav

generally shows what the rate is.

Are you sending to port 8001 on the shoutcast server using darkice?

The port you send is 1 above the one you listen.

hope this helps

regards

Robert