[RDD] SQL problem upgrading an installation

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Mon May 8 09:15:07 EDT 2017

There are two distinct user names: the Linux one, which is 'rivendell' by
default; and the MySQL user name, which by default is 'rduser'.

'rivendell' is typically set up as a 'system' user; that is, it has no
login shell so you can't actually log in as, or su to, 'rivendell'. This
user should own /var/snd and all that is in it, and should be a member of
the 'audio' group and any other groups you may want it to belong to.

The MySQL 'rduser' by default has the password 'letmein'; it should have
unlimited rights to the 'Rivendell' database.

Both user names are defined in /etc/rd.conf.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,
Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",