[RDD] SQL problem upgrading an installation

John Edstrom johnedstrom at firebare.org
Sat May 6 01:12:19 EDT 2017

Well, its a totally new machine, a sort of a sandbox, so the hostname is
different.  I fixed that so the hostname on the new machine is the same
as the original.   Didn't help though.

But, I did figure out that the null query clause screwing up the queries
was the RDUser name.  For some reason the new rig isn't picking up the
proper rd-user ID from my environment, or wherever its supposed to come
from, so that all queries were running as if from an unprivileged user.
Even though I do have the right credentials to run the RD tools, I don't
have privs to do certain queries in mysql.

Is there documentation anywhere discussing how the linux user's ID maps
to rivendell user roles?  I still don't have it quite right.

   JE

--
John Edstrom <johnedstrom at firebare.org>
Firebare