[RDD] Log generation issues.

James Greenlee james at madsonics.com
Wed Jun 21 13:25:57 EDT 2017

I've got a script on a Rivendell host that's generating logs every night at 11:55pm.

Last night we updated a clock to insert a new feature.  This work was completed before 11:30pm.  Unfortunately when the log creation occurred at 11:55pm, the clocks were incorrectly generated.  None of the original events were included in the clock, and the new events were incomplete (missing a switch macro before playing a cart off of Rivendell).  When we caught the missing events this morning, we regenerated the logs for today and they generated with all of the correct events (the old events as well as the new feature that was added).  We loaded and ran just fine.

Can anyone think about why the log failed to generate correctly last night?  I don't really see any reason why it would fail, and it generated fine when I ran the generation myself.

Thanks,

James Greenlee
WZXI Lancaster, KY