[RDD] RDAirplay segfault (RDLibrary too)) [SOLVED]

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Jun 19 12:07:03 EDT 2017

On Jun 19, 2017, at 11:42, Hoggins! <fuckspam at wheres5.com> wrote:

> You know, as usual when upgrading, I used to stop the Rivendell service,
> and then make install, and then RDAdmin for a DB upgrade, etc.
> Now from what I just did, I'm pretty sure that ripcd (the 2.15.3 one)
> was still running the whole time, preventing everything to work.
>
> And amongst all the daemons that I had manually shut down when trying to
> solve my problem (caed, all rdimport dropbox instances), I just forgot
> to force the ripcd instance to close.
>
> My guess is that I had not triggered the whole rivendell service stop as
> root, but as the audio owner of that machine, and it did not kill ripcd.

As a rule of thumb, anytime you see ‘weirdness’ with the value of the current user on the title bar (wrong user, or no user name at all), ripcd(8) is the first thing to be checking.  That is the component that (among other things) keeps track of the current ‘security context’ of the system, including the currently logged in user.