[RDD] Maybe not related to 2.16.0 upgrade (WAS: 2.16.0 upgrade : RDAirplay segfault (RDLibrary too))

Hoggins! fuckspam at wheres5.com
Mon Jun 19 11:42:49 EDT 2017

Fred, you just nailed it, THANKS A LOT !

You know, as usual when upgrading, I used to stop the Rivendell service,
and then make install, and then RDAdmin for a DB upgrade, etc.
Now from what I just did, I'm pretty sure that ripcd (the 2.15.3 one)
was still running the whole time, preventing everything to work.

And amongst all the daemons that I had manually shut down when trying to
solve my problem (caed, all rdimport dropbox instances), I just forgot
to force the ripcd instance to close.

My guess is that I had not triggered the whole rivendell service stop as
root, but as the audio owner of that machine, and it did not kill ripcd.

So thank you again, I'm mad at myself for missing such a simple thing.

    Cheers !

        Hoggins!