[RDD] Incorrect date value: '' for column 'PURGE_DATE'

Thomas Golding thomasg at worldradiolink.com
Mon Jun 12 15:45:15 EDT 2017

From: rivendell-dev-bounces at lists.rivendellaudio.org [mailto:rivendell-dev-bounces at lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of Fred Gleason
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2017 12:46 PM
To: USER DISCUSSION ABOUT THE RIVENDELL RADIO AUTOMATION SYSTEM
Subject: Re: [RDD] Incorrect date value: '' for column 'PURGE_DATE'

On Jun 12, 2017, at 14:20, Thomas Golding <thomasg at worldradiolink.com> wrote:

After upgrading mysql to mariadb 10.2 with Galera clustering enabled, I'm
getting this from RDLogManager:

invalid SQL or failed DB connection[Incorrect date value: '' for column
'PURGE_DATE' at row 1 QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query]: update LOGS set
SERVICE="RadioTraff",                           DESCRIPTION="RadioTraff\
log\ for\ 06/13/2017",ORIGIN_USER="RDLogManager",
ORIGIN_DATETIME=now(),LINK_DATETIME=now(),
MODIFIED_DATETIME=now(),START_DATE=null,
END_DATE=null,NEXT_ID=0,PURGE_DATE="" where NAME="tue"

Looks like it’s balking at the empty date field.  What exactly are you doing that provokes this?

RDLogManager spits this out on the command line during the “Create New Log” task. It does appear to recreate the log’s contents successfully, but the name and description of the log don’t get updated (obviously since that the SQL statement that’s failing.) This started immediately after the MariaDB upgrade. I’m not familiar with ‘Purge_Date’ since it’s not a feature we use. Could this have been a side effect of converting MyISAM to InnoDB?

Running RD Version 2.16.0 from Paravel repo on CentOS 6.

Thanks,

Thomas Golding
Engineering Manager
Edgewater Broadcasting