[RDD] Question About the Schema Upgrade

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Jun 8 14:25:23 EDT 2017

On Jun 8, 2017, at 14:06, Chuck <dj.chuck.w at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  My query has to do with the schema update.  How EXACTLY do I
> accomplish this safely?  Is it automatic when I restore the database to
> the new installation and move the /var/snd drive over to the new
> computer?

Assuming that you’re using RDAdmin to do the DB restore, the schema conversion happens at this point.  If you’re doing the restore with a native MySQL tool —e.g. mysql(1) — then just run RDAdmin afterwards, and it will do the conversion then.

> Does it make a difference what order I do this in? (e.g.
> connect /var/snd first, then restore the database? or the other way
> around?)

No.  Makes no difference.  The audio is just a bunch of files.  The schema stuff all relates to the database.