[RDD] RDP, NX, or what-have-you, with sound redirection?

drew Roberts zotzbro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:57:32 EDT 2017

Keith,

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Keith Thelen <kthelen at kanabec.net> wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 10:04 AM, Rob Landry <41001140 at interpring.com> wrote:
>
> snip

> I’ve created a VM for each remote user, each with access to the common
> database and /var/snd directory. To actually be useful, each of those VMs
> also needs to offer screen sharing - easily accomplished - and a way to
> send Rivendell’s audio output to the user simultaneously, compressed and
> likely at a low bitrate.)

Perhaps a VOIP phone that takes in what Rivendell is putting out?

Connect up via, vnc or whatever over an ssh tunnel or vpn, dial in with
audo answer enabled on the riv desktop, start the riv playing.

We were playing with linphone and some other linux VOIP clients recently
but decided to go with OpenOB instead for what we were looking to do.

It would have been nice if we could have gotten a VOIP client to play
nicely with jack but did not manage to do so in the time we had.

> -----
> Keith Thelen

all the best,

drew