[RDD] RDP, NX, or what-have-you, with sound redirection?

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Wed Jun 7 11:04:03 EDT 2017

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017, Keith Thelen wrote:

> I'm trying to find a way to provide remote access to a Rivendell machine
> *with audio redirection* from said machine to the remote access client,
> in a way that’s not cumbersome for the person doing the remote
> controlling.

If you have enough bandwidth, you can map /var/snd on your local Rivendell
machine to the remote machine's /var/snd. You would then operate your
local machine as if it were the remote one, and the audio would come from
the local machine.

If you don't have the bandwidth, it's not likely any other solution you
can imagine would work, as you'd still be streaming audio in real time
across the Internet, and it's hard to imagine a method of decreasing the
bandwidth of that stream that wouldn't delay it, making it no longer in
real time.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,