[RDD] Remote "Board Op" from within RDAirPlay

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Sun Jun 4 20:56:04 EDT 2017

On Jun 3, 2017, at 22:31, drew Roberts <zotzbro at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is  not the route we are planning or currently testing but it is intriguing enough that I want to experiment with it at some point. What version did this option appear in?

v2.0.0beta1, released 10/11/2010. Look in the ‘System Services’ section in RDAdmin->ManageHosts under the relevant host to configure it.

The primary current use for this mode is virtualization setups —e.g. centralize all of the audio I/O on a central host and then run AirPlay instances on thin clients or virtual hosts.  In that mode, it’s pretty mature at this point.  I don’t know of anyone who has used it to separate the caed(8) and GUI components over a WAN as yet, but it should be doable.