[RDD] Remote "Board Op" from within RDAirPlay

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Thu Jun 1 16:41:52 EDT 2017

What you describe is similar to the way one of our stations handles red
Sox baseball games. We have a script that loads the game log, plays an
intro cart, and joins the satellite feed; we have another script that
plays local breaks, a third script that returns to the game at the end of
the break, and a fourth that unloads the log at the endof the game,
reloads the daily log, and resumes normal programming.

In the case of a remote, though, I would switch to a live feed (Barix box?
Comrex BRIClink?) fromt he remote site, and I'd have a laptop at the
remote site VNC'd via ssh into the Rivendell system at the studio, giving
the talent the ability to push the Sound Paanel buttons. He or she would
have a mixer and the ability to control his/her level, with the bed levels
back at the studio preset.

I wouldn't try to upload audio files from the remote.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,
Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",