[RDD] Help with Now and next and Mysql Backup

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 19:20:42 EST 2017

Ivan,

quick notes for Now & Next:.

Make sure all the GROUPS you want to include in Now & Next have
"Transmit Now & Next' enabled.

We have a streaming server at 192.168.0.30 using Darkice and Icecast on
port 8000

The data is sent using rlm_icecast2.conf which has been copied from the
help files to /home/rd/rlm_icecast2.conf

Modified to suit, and the "RDAdmin>Manage Hosts>[select
host]>RDAirplay>Edit Now & Next Data" set to use /home/rd/rlm_icecast2.conf

rlm_icecast2.conf

; Section Header
[Icecast1]

; User Name
Username=admin        <---------- from icecast

; Password
Password=letmein        <---------- from icecast

; Host Name
Hostname=192.168.0.30        <---------- address of server

; Host Port
Tcpport=8000

; Mountpoint
Mountpoint=/thewirelessstation.mp3

; Format String.  The metadata to be sent each time RDAirPlay changes
;
FormatString=%a-%t-%y

; Log Selection
MasterLog=Yes
Aux1Log=No
Aux2Log=No

You need to set it up and restart

regards

Robert

On 25/02/17 06:08, Ivan James wrote:

> 1. Now and next Issue RV2.5.5 I can't seem to set up now and next. I
> and trying to get now and next to send data out I have configure it
> according to data that I found In wiki and in Threads and its not
> working. to this project well ill be feeding Stream to internet
> encoder and also a RDBS Encoder.
> Does someone have a step by step guide on configuration guide.
>
> 2. We also recently develop another issue pertaining to making backups
> on RDadmin. We get the error Unable to create backup.
> I  also have a couple of questions Would it be possible to use
> Phpmyadmin to look at the database and make backups. A friend
> suggested to use Mysql ODBC connector. I Think PHPMyadmin would be
> more practical.
>
> 3 we also notice that Centos made the partition that The OS is at
> Quite Small.I need to know if te music is stored in the same partition
> or in another partition. Iam thinking have anothe server so we can do
> production.
>
> Thanks

*Communication Consultants*
64 Warner Park Avenue