[RDD] Ubuntu 16.04 - and at the end the font...

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Fri May 27 09:02:59 EDT 2016

Hi,

There are quite a few different database issues with Rivendell where
older versions of MySQL implied NULL values or converted NULL dates to
0000-00-00 00:00:00 but with MySQL v5.7 you can't do that any more (at
best 0000-00-00 gives you an invalid date error).

I assumed it was only when creating a new database but it makes sense
all logs have the same problem.  I will have to go through the code for
logs because just doing a quick test I have issues with a few fields in
LOGS and the blah_LOG table you create if you make a new "blah" log.

Looking at the structure of the tables, this might also give errors when
dealing with DATE and DATETIME fields all across the Rivendell database
so quite a lot to track down I guess.

More things for the github issues page either way.

I also can't figure out why qtconfig doesn't seem to change the look and
feel of Rivendell at all but thats a problem for another day.

Regards,

Wayne