[RDD] Problem ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Fri May 20 09:15:03 EDT 2016

Hi David,

Thanks for the systemd links, it helped me sort out the last little bits
I had going wrong.

I've uploaded all the scripts to github and updated the wiki entry.

Wiki here: http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/UbuntuXenial
Github here: https://github.com/waynemerricks/rivendellubuntuxenial

I recommend installing Ubuntu 16.04 server rather than the desktop
flavours.  Once you've got that installed, download the script package
and unzip to your home dir so that it is ~/install, then just run sudo
./001.install.sh my_riv_user_name

About 20minutes later you'll have QT3, Rivendell 2.13.0 and a minimal XFCE

Remember to run sudo rdalsconfig and rdadmin (reboot if you get an
unable to start daemons error).

Regards,

Wayne

On 20/05/16 04:44, David Klann wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> I have a set of systemd unit files for Rivendell. Feel free to snag them
> from the GitHub repo:
> https://github.com/opensourceradio/ram/tree/master/etc/systemd/system
>
> There certainly may be other ways to implement it, but I created a
> "rivendell.target" in which each of the three rivendell services lives.
> Let me know if you have questions about how I did it.
>
> Thanks for documenting this process!
>
>    ~David
>

> On 05/19/2016 05:44 PM, Wayne Merricks wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I finally have some instructions up on the Rivendell wiki:
>>
>> http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/UbuntuXenial
>>
>> I have to finish writing up the Systemd scripts for the Rivendell
>> daemons but for now you can just run any Riv component and they will
>> start on their own as long as you have /var/run/rivendell on the system
>> with write permissions to your logged in user.
>>
>> I'm also tweaking a bunch of scripts to automate all of this but they
>> will have to wait for another day or two.
>>
>> Hope that gets you started,
>>
>> Wayne

>>> Hi Wayne,
>>>
>>> The hard work is not the big problem, since after all job is done, I
>>> should
>>> have a system that can work for years.
>>> But... let me know if importing audio data really works fine.
>>> I have some 60GB of audio data but I don't bother to start a new database
>>> from scratch. My Rivendell 2.10.3 works fine, but working on a netbook
>>> with
>>> 1024x600 is just like watching the world through a submarine hatch. xD