[RDD] Problem ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Manuel sinfonias at sinfonias.org
Tue May 17 17:21:38 EDT 2016

Wayne Merricks <waynemerricks at ...> writes:

>     Hi,
>     I finally had some free time to try this.  Installing on Ubuntu
>     16.04 is a bit more effort than normal because you can't use the
>     Tryphon repos which means you have to install QT3 from source
>     yourself because Ubuntu dropped QT3 in either 14.04 or earlier.
>     The install goes something like this:
>     1) Install all the dependencies of QT3 and Rivendell from source
>     2) Download the archive QT3 version
>     3) Compile and install that (you need to edit qmap.h and
>     qvaluelist.h to include stddef.h)
>     4) Compile and install the mysql driver for QT3 (not compiled in
>     normal configure & make)
>     5) Add QTDIR and others to your bash paths
>     6) Download Rivendell 2.13.0
>     7) Compile and install that (remember to make a script to create
>     /var/run/rivendell, systemd init?)

Hi Wayne,

The hard work is not the big problem, since after all job is done, I should
have a system that can work for years.
But... let me know if importing audio data really works fine.
I have some 60GB of audio data but I don't bother to start a new database
from scratch. My Rivendell 2.10.3 works fine, but working on a netbook with
1024x600 is just like watching the world through a submarine hatch. xD