[RDD] Multiple Voicetrack Sessions To Same Log

Lee Baker imsoniacnerd at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:25:52 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to have multiple announcers recording
voices tracks to the same log at the same time from different machines.

Our setup is, a central server which hosts mysql db and audio, playout in
the main studio and a production system in our second studio.

Announcers can voice track from either studio, from an external music
scheduler we just schedule voice track markers.

Last night I discovered the voice tracks of the announcer who was recording
in the main studio while a second was voice tracking to the same log for a
later time slot, had disappeared from the log, instead the voice track
markers were there, even though he had just recorded voice tracks in to the
markers and were in fact there when he left.

The voicetracks of the second announcer however who was voice tracking to
the same log for a later time slot in the second studio from another riv
system where saved.

The voice track carts however of the first announcer were saved, they just
didn't save in the log.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated as it would be very helpful if
multiple announcers could voice track to the same log at the same time for
different time slots.

Cheers,

Lee