[RDD] USB audio woes

Cowboy curt at cwf1.com
Tue May 10 05:04:12 EDT 2016

On 05/09/2016 09:31 PM, Rob Landry wrote:
>  I have one
> machine with an externally powered USB audio device where if the machine
> reboots, it will not recognize the USB audio device until the device's
> external power is cycled.
>
> Has anyone here had similar experiences?

 Yes !
 I've been ( on and off ) searching for a way to reset the USB buss
 without a reboot, and sometimes a hard reboot.
 The problem seems to be that while there are various "solutions" out
 there for resetting the kernel's idea of the USB buss, there seems to
 be nothing for resetting the BIOS idea of the USB buss without
 reloading BIOS, hence a reboot.
 In your case, I'm wondering if you simply unplug the USB connector, wait
 a minute, and plug it back in, does that work ?
 If so, there may be a software "reset" solution. ( which may not be
 any faster than what you're doing now )

--
Cowboy

cowboy.cwf1.com