[RDD] Scheduling Generic Promo when No Specific Exists

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Mon May 9 10:00:41 EDT 2016

On Sat, 7 May 2016, Chuck wrote:

>  Some weeks, there is no specific promo, and we want to run a generic.
> Is it possible--without further messing with that cart--to schedule
> things so the generic cut plays only when there is no specific cut
> available?

If you weren't using rotations, I'd have a script automatically import
generic promos for all the shows at the beginning of each week and assign
them to the relevant carts. That way, the default would be for all generic
promos to run unless someone manually replaces one or more of them with
specific promos.

With a rotation, I suppose you could still auto-import a generic promo
(which of course would have no start or end date), and it would
necessarily run if it were the only eligible cut in the cart. The person
importing the specific promo would choose that cut, re-import the audio,
and then change the dates accordingly.

The only difference from what you're doing now, if I understand you right,
would be that the specific promo would be imported into the already
existing cut containing the generic one, replacing its audio content,
instead of adding a new cut.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,