[RDD] Best way to import daily news into playing log

Pab Sungenis pab at sungenis.com
Thu May 5 16:57:19 EDT 2016

Tom Van Gorkom <tomvangorkom at ...> writes:

> I'm looking for ideas on how to import the news casts for different
hours of a given day that are produced the morning of the day they are
to air. We can add them manually to the playout log but is there a way
to create an event that imports from a file just before it airs or
somehow automate this so the producer can just drop it into a folder?
> We are a Spanish station and we get our news from online sources as
well as live recording by staff, connect the pieces, edit it, and drop
it into the playing log, but there must be a way to automate this
better.

I do something similar with my setup, retrieving ABC News from their
online feed and having it picked up by a dropbox. I created an event in
my clocks for hours when news airs to play the cart the same way the
tutorials show to do a legal ID.

Edit Events, Add, call it "NEWS."

Use Hard Start Time, Make Next.

Pre import the cart number you are dropping news into.

Import None.

Post Import empty.

Now go into your clock. Say you have news at :25 and :55 after the hour.
You will want music events ending at :25 and :50, with news events
immediately following them. The first natural break in the music (or
after your break event if you play it following spots), it will schedule
the news.