[RDD] Two carts that go together

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon May 2 11:31:42 EDT 2016

On May 2, 2016, at 8:02 AM, Rob Landry <41001140 at interpring.com> wrote:

> As someone who spent more than two decades at WCRB in Boston, let me say that you really want all four movements of a symphony together as one cut on one cart.

That’s policy, not mechanism! [ducking…]

> Trust me; you really don't want to have to assemble four movements of Beethoven's fifth symphony every ime you want to schedule it.

All joking aside, assuming that you actually *want* all of the movements to be played in sequence (a Programming decision, not a technical one), then by far the easiest way to achieve it is to put all of the movements into a single cut.  If you’re ingesting the material from CD, Rivendell’s ripper makes this easy; simply select the entire range of desired tracks on the CD and then touch ‘Add Single Cart’.