[RDD] Two carts that go together

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Mon May 2 08:02:50 EDT 2016

As someone who spent more than two decades at WCRB in Boston, let me say
that you really want all four movements of a symphony together as one cut
on one cart.

If you want to play some movements separately, import them again and
assign them separate cart numbers. That's what we did. Yes, it means the
separately played movements will have their own broadcast histories in
addition to the history of the whole symphony; we found that was a lot
easier to live with than programming four movements in series every time
we wanted to play the piece.

Adobe Audition can import multiple cuts from a CD into a single .wav file,
even if Rivendell can't do that directly.

Trust me; you really don't want to have to assemble four movements of
Beethoven's fifth symphony every ime you want to schedule it.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,
Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",