[RDD] Autostarting Rdairplay on bootup

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Wed Jun 29 12:09:41 EDT 2016

In theory you could replace the exec line with a script:

Exec=/home/pi/startRivendell.sh

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/caed &
/usr/local/bin/ripcd &
/usr/local/bin/rdcatchd &

sleep 5

/usr/local/bin/rdairplay

remember to chmod it (chmod ug+x /home/pi/startRivendell.sh)

You could also make the script wait until caed etc starts:

#!/bin/bash

#Wait for CAED
WAIT=1
while [ $WAIT == 1 ]; do