[RDD] Autostarting Rdairplay on bootup

Seth Stevenson rcflyer30 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:05:29 EDT 2016

I did try the autostart route. It complained about missing daemons. I this
is because also in rc.local I have the daemons starting  as
/etc/init.d/rivendell start. From looking at system log it seems that the
programs in autostart happens before rc.local runs so rdairplay in
autostart doesn't seem the daemons. I guess the question then is how to
maybe start the daemons before autostart runs. I look around but didn't see
any way autostarting via gui. Thanks for your help!

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Wayne Merricks <
waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com> wrote:

> don't bother with rc.local it doesn't always work and its hard to figure
> out why.
>
> I have an older pi running wheezy as opposed to the newer jessie build.
>
> Inside the users directory I have this:
>
> /home/pi/.config/autostart
>
> I'm not sure if any scripts work here but the standard Linux desktop files
> work e.g. a file something like this:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Type=Application
> Exec=/usr/local/bin/rdairplay
>
> You can copy/paste an existing desktop file into here and it should work.
> Also have a look around your system settings for startup applications, if
> you have that (I think the newer Pi OS' do) then just use the GUI to do it.
>

> On 29/06/16 15:32, Seth Stevenson wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have been pulling my hair out trying to autostart rdairplay on a pi. I
> have created a script to do this called rdairplay located at
> /home/bananapi. I then added the script to rc.local like this. sudo sh
> /etc/init.d/rdairplay. I then go to terminal and run sudo
> /etc/init.d/rc.local start and it runs fine and rdairplay comes up. However
> when I reboot it does not run the rdairplay application. I have tried
> everything I know. Why would it run manually, but not on reboot. Is there a
> better or different way to do this?
>
> --
> Seth Stevenson

Seth Stevenson