[RDD] Autostarting Rdairplay on bootup

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Wed Jun 29 10:42:12 EDT 2016

don't bother with rc.local it doesn't always work and its hard to figure
out why.

I have an older pi running wheezy as opposed to the newer jessie build.

Inside the users directory I have this:

/home/pi/.config/autostart

I'm not sure if any scripts work here but the standard Linux desktop
files work e.g. a file something like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/local/bin/rdairplay

You can copy/paste an existing desktop file into here and it should
work.  Also have a look around your system settings for startup
applications, if you have that (I think the newer Pi OS' do) then just
use the GUI to do it.