[RDD] Troubleshooting daemon startup problems [WAS: Program file shortcuts]

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Jun 28 10:57:15 EDT 2016

On Jun 28, 2016, at 09:48, Seth Stevenson <rcflyer30 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When did that it says unable to start Rivendell daemons. What am I missing?

Could be any number of things, ranging from DB problems to audio card config issues to hardware problems.  A helpful troubleshooting technique if this happens is to do a ‘service rivendell stop’ and then try starting each daemon by hand, one by one —i.e.:

	service rivendell stop
	caed
	ripcd
	rdcatchd

You will often get some useful information from the one that won’t start.