[RDD] ASI Cards

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Jun 28 10:52:58 EDT 2016

On Jun 28, 2016, at 04:53, Ryan Kin <k1n9h4mr at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Which ASI cards work with Rivendell?

Any of the ASI5xxx or ASI6xxx series should work fine.  Avoid anything in the ASI4xxx series — those are all obsolete.

> 2. I am thinking about getting the ASI4215
> Would that work?

Nope!  They are incompatible with modern motherboard BIOSes as well as current Rivendell.  ASI doesn’t even include support for it in the current drivers.

> Thoughts anyone?
> If that wont work on the newer version, would it work on the older version?

You would need old hardware, old drivers and old (v1.x) Rivendell versions.  Even if you did all that, the ASI4215 was an odd bird.  The mixer architecture was such that you can effectively get only one usable output out of it with Rivendell.

	http://www.audioscience.com/internet/products/sound_cards/soundcards_mpeg.htm

> 4. Whats the easiest method to install the darn things?

If you’re running Broadcast Appliance, just plug it in and boot.  Drivers are pre-installed.