[RDD] Appliance Versions...

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:58:17 EDT 2016

Gerard,
after the update did you open rdadmin?
Rivendell>Configuration>RDadmin user admin password [blank]
This is a requirement after an update which initializes [for want of a
better word/description] the updated files.
I always click on 'System Info' to see what version of the schema I have.
On a vanilla install [no hostname change] this is all you need.

Several Appliance installs here and the update process works every time.

regards

Robert

On 28/06/16 08:26, Gerard wrote:
> Today I went back to basics wiped hd re installed the current appliance ver ....
>
> Did nothing at all apart from open rdairplay  and play the test tone it worked fine
>
> Then I opened a terminal input su input the password then "yum update Rivendell"  said yes when needed on the update
>
> Then did nothing at all apart from shut  centos 6.6 down switched pc off then on again then tried to open rdairplay ... daemons failed
>
> this says to me that there is a fundamental error in the appliance ver V Rivendell 2.14.1
>
> I did nothing at all to the test system apart from above stated !

*Communication Consultants*
64 Warner Park Avenue

Laingholm

Auckland 0604