[RDD] Appliance Versions...

Gerard gerard.burton at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 23 05:56:20 EDT 2016

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:45:46 +0100
"Gerard" <gerard.burton at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I too have the same problems with daemons not starting after upgrade I
> was determined that I would get my head round lunix and Rivendell this
> time after several attempts and giving up

 Depending on the OS and version...
 First try
 service rivendell restart
 but it could be
 service restart rivendell

--
Cowboy
__________

 why dose it not say anymore than failed when I try to restart in root (just wondering )

On a side note it would be very usefull for us newbies if some one could write a common list of commands like service Rivendell restart / stop and yum update and yum update Rivendell things for common problems

[rd at rdhost ~]$ service rivendell restart
rdcleandirs: this program requires root permissions
/etc/init.d/rivendell: line 65: /var/run/rivendell/jackd.pid: Permission denied
rdcatchd: aborting - multiple instances not allowedStarting Rivendell system daemons                                                       [FAILED]
[rd at rdhost ~]$ su
Password:
[root at rdhost rd]# service rivendell stop
Stopping Rivendell system daemons                          [  OK  ]
[root at rdhost rd]# service rivendell restart
Starting Rivendell system daemons                          [FAILED]
[root at rdhost rd]#