[RDD] Appliance Versions...

Seth Stevenson rcflyer30 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:43:25 EDT 2016

Ok. But that only upgrades Rivendell and not mysql. That is where I ran
into trouble. The new version of rivendell doesn't work with mysql as I
understand it, and therefore doesn't work, therefore upgrading rivendell
doesn't really help at all. I guess I am looking for an update of the whole
appliance dvd with everything working together out of the box.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 13:31, Seth Stevenson <rcflyer30 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Those commands didn't work for me. I think is has to do with mysql/maria
> and the newest version of Rivendell. Fred could you give us some help on
> the proper way to do an upgrade off the Appliance so that Rivendell and the
> database work smoothly?
>

> All that should normally be required is doing (as root):
>
> yum update rivendell
>
> The machine will need Internet access when running that command.
>
> The only other caveat is that, if you are running multiple hosts sharing
> the same database, that they all be running a version that uses the same
> database schema.  In practice, that means that the first two digits of the
> Rivendell version string must be the same.  For example:
>
> 2.10.0 — 2.10.3 Same DB schema, OK to mix
> 2.10.3 — 2.14.0 Different DB schemas, *don’t* mix on the same system!
>
> Cheers!

> | Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |              Chief Developer             |
> |                           |              Paravel Systems             |
> |          A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
> |                                         -- Cicero                    |

Seth Stevenson