[RDD] Appliance Versions...

Seth Stevenson rcflyer30 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:16:03 EDT 2016

I had terrible trouble when upgrading rivendell after a fresh install of
the appliance which I believe was Rivendell 2.5.5 on Centos 6. Rivendell
upgraded to 2.14.1 just fine, but then the daemons wouldn't start. After
much hassle I removed the mysql that came with the appliance, and installed
mariadb. Now the daemons see the mysql database, but I can't get mysql to
start, which is where I am stuck at currently. Can the whole appliance be
upgraded so maria and rivendell 2.14.1 work out of the box?

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Alessio Elmi <alessio_elmi at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I have to admit I never used the appliance for my needs. I always used
> Debian. However, if MySQL daemon doesn't start you should see any
> motivation in syslog, but again, I don't have experience on that. Moreover
> I don't see how upgrading Rivendell packages would hurt on SQL
> setup/config, it shouldn't. Check if there is anything helpful in the logs.
>
> Il giorno mer 22 giu 2016 alle ore 16:05 Seth Stevenson <
> rcflyer30 at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> I had terrible trouble when upgrading rivendell after a fresh install of
>> the appliance which I believe was Rivendell 2.5.5 on Centos 6. Rivendell
>> upgraded to 2.14.1 just fine, but then the daemons wouldn't start. After
>> much hassle I removed the mysql that came with the appliance, and installed
>> mariadb. Now the daemons see the mysql database, but I can't get mysql to
>> start, which is where I am stuck at currently. Can the whole appliance be
>> upgraded so maria and rivendell 2.14.1 work out of the box?
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Alessio Elmi <alessio_elmi at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I think you can can interpret that number this way:
>>> 2.6.6.1 ->
>>> 2 -> Rivendell 2.x
>>> 6.6 -> based on CentOS 6.6

--