[RDD] Appliance Versions...

Alan Smith alansmith at flinn.com
Wed Jun 22 08:05:01 EDT 2016

Always the Paravel Site.  I check it periodically for newer appliance
versions.

I realize that is was kind of a pointless question to ask, but there was
a reason...

My VERY FIRST appliance (appliance v 1.0) Shipped with RD 2.5.5 on
CentOS 5.9.  I had to install a proprietary video driver to make use of
dual monitors.  On a system update, I found myself in a pickle, unable
to boot to the GUI (probably due to a kernel update with proprietary
driver installed?).  Not familiar with Linux I had no choice but to
"reinstall".

I have since disabled updates (a poor practice I know) when installing
from the Appliance.

I only have ONE Rivendell out in the wild, but I want to become more
familiar with it, and CentOS in general.

Anyway, the next appliance was RD 2.5.5 on CentOS 6.4 (what my one
machine in the wild is on).
Then there was another appliance that was RD 2.5.5 on CentOS 6.5
and the current one which is RD 2.5.5 on CentOS 6.6

Just wondering if on the next appliance "refresh" the version of RD will
be incremented.  This is pretty much a question for Mr. Gleason.

Thanks!

-Alan