[RDD] Rivendell on CentOS 7 [WAS: Tryphon Debian Repository]

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Jun 21 15:59:00 EDT 2016

On Jun 21, 2016, at 10:00, Cowboy <curt at cwf1.com> wrote:

> Fred tells me with great regularity that he has had no trouble whatever
> with CentOS 7 **PROVIDED** you use the XFCE desktop and not Gnome3
> under any circumstances whatever.

++

Gnome 3 IS a basket case — unintuitive, unstable and the Resource Pig of the Universe.  So, I generally start with a ‘minimal’ installation of CentOS 7 (no GUI at all) and then add in XFCE4 and Rivendell.  The result is a mean, lean system that runs Rivendell very well with zero excess fat.

There’s a good tutorial on setting up XFCE on CentOS 7 at:

	http://jensd.be/125/linux/rhel/install-mate-or-xfce-on-centos-7

CentOS 7 packages for Rivendell can be found at:

	http://download.paravelsystems.com/CentOS/7/

Now if I could just get Kickstart to do that reliably…